Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by...
I cannot believe 2010 is gone!!! Wow! That was FAST! So on to 2011; bigger and better and stronger and (hopefully) wiser and sweeter and all the other "ers" I could add. Hope your new year's eve was happy and blessed and hope your first 2011 kiss was sweet....
So here's my first card creation for 2011. She was a little freebie from the Greeting Farm blog and I think she is just perfect. She's festive, joyful and cute; all the things you want to be as a new year begins. I added the hourglass and balloons.I used my cricut to create the large scalloped circle and in the spirit of "using stash"; I pulled out some old numbers from one of my scrap drawers and added them for the count down. Crystal lacquer made the hourglass pop and look so real I could almost see the sand descending. You may not be able to tell from this picture but I added some Star Dust Stickles to her headband, beauty queen sash and her starry earrings. She is colored with Copic Sketch markers.
As I spent some time reflecting today; the last day of the Kwanzaa celebration; Imani (Faith), I began to think about all those things I left undone in 2010 and the things I need to do (some immediately) in 2011.
Sorry to say I may not be crafting as often as I would like because I have some projects that I have put on the back burner that really require my attention. However, I will create as often as time permits because crafting is my little piece of quiet "me time" that invigorates me and calms my mind from some of the hectic-ness that occurs from day to day. So in addition to getting some things done, here are a few of my other new year's resolutions.
- Pray and read my Bible more
- Spend more time with my side of the family. I spend a lot of time with my husband's family, but I really need to spend more time with my mom and dad's family.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse for my upcoming "one-woman" show.
- Lose 40 lbs before my 40th birthday(July13th). I'm a little nervous about turning 40. I almost feel like I am officially old when I hit 40. But I know and know "of" many beautiful, strong, creative and happy women who are 40 and beyond (Jada Pinkett Smith, J Lo, my friends Alicia and Candace, Halle Berry...I could go on) So I need to get over my fear and embrace this new chapter with grace, creativity, courage, wisdom and some POW. I am only old if I feel and act old.
- Adjacent to losing 40lbs is getting off of these blood pressure pills. I hate taking medicine and I believe if I lose the weight I can come off of the little buggers.
- I am going to get the African Ancestry test done, so I can find out what African country my family comes from. This is so important to me. Most people can trace their heritage back for many generations. This is quite difficult for most African Americans. I just believe that knowing more about my ancestors may unlock some doors and connect me to something so ancient and significant....I can't wait. I'm definitely going to blog about that.
Thanks for stopping by....See you next time!