So by now you know that I am on a One Little Word journey with Ali Edwards and I am enjoying the experience. I have been far more focused and determined the last few months to walk in my purpose and complete a very large assignment that I believe will be life changing for me and my family. I'm so excited about the possibilities!
I want to share my photographic images that represent my life's purpose:
I want to tell you why I chose these pics to represent PURPOSE in my life. I'll go from left to right starting on the top row.
- Reach: I want to reach for my highest potential in life; strive for excellence in every area. This photo also reminds me of God. Without God's help I won't be able to fulfill my PURPOSE.
- Give: It is my PURPOSE to be a giver; give my time, talents, energy, creativity and love everywhere I go.
- Stability. That's something I've been lacking for quite some time. I start tasks and then let them go. Get totally geeked about something for a short season and then lose interest; never really completing long term assignments. I am leaving that in my past and walking in stability. Be Stable just like these pillars; serving as the support beams.
- Write, etc.....to me the photo of me writing says so much. This represents for me all of my create expressions; completing the play, planning for events and performances and just telling my story and the stories of my culture with authenticity and joy. Write!
- Create. As long as I live I want to be just like my Father; creative. He's such a great painter and sculptor. If you need proof just look at a sunset or the human body. Wow! It doesn't get any better than that!
- Observe: Okay, the picture of the plant has a very unusual back story. We had to take our seven year old to the emergency room one Saturday morning. I took my camera, of course, and while we were sitting in the waiting room I started looking around. I began to notice how beautiful the designers had decided to make the waiting area. A place that would normally evoke drab, dreary feelings looked absolutely lovely and calming. So that's my purpose; to find beauty in unusual places. Whether that's in people who others have given up on, schools that the community has deemed a lost cause, or in physical locations where no one else dares to tread. My PURPOSE is to see each situation the God sees it; and Observe the beauty in it.
- Supportive: I'm going to be totally transparent here. I have not always been the model wife. I don't always support my husband the way he would like or in the way that I know I should. Sometimes it is very hard for me; being raised by a divorced, single mom. I have always been very independent and I guess I expect my husband to be the same, but the truth of the matter is that I was designed to support him and lift him up so that he can reach his full potential. I know I am his help from the sanctuary of God. I just need to remember that when I am going throughout my days. I really love him and he needs to know it, see it and feel it...more.
- Forward. I've been stagnant for a while, or working on things that don't really have anything to with my ultimate PURPOSE. Wasting time. So I am determined to move forward. Each task that I take on needs to get me closer to my PURPOSE ...period.
- Love: My husband and I have two awesome sons. They are both very different and require different types of parenting skills and strategies. I know that we were given these children for a very specific PURPOSE and I want to LOVE them just the way they need to be loved so that they too can walk in their life's PURPOSE.
Thanks for looking. Peace & Blessing to you.
See you next time!
See you next time!